Re: RE: Band Names

Is there anyone on the list from Romsey? Perhaps they can shed some light as to
why the name was chosen.
I am not familiar with the legal system in the U K, but I know here in Canada,
that you have to legally register a name to prevent others from using it. Even
then, there are those who will try and 'skirt' around the legality and use a
name anyway.
It seems to me, this is the way society is and has gone recently. Just go ahead
and claim something and wait until / if you are challenged. There is no respect
for property or proprietal right at all. ( I remember a very famous large mall
in Edmonton Alberta who just picked up the name of Fantasyland for their
amusement park. Unfortunately they took on the wrong company as the name was
Disney's and Disney had to challenge them, eventually winning.
However, the mall made a killing on the use of the name, and I think some of the
older folk still refer to the name as Fantasyland. (I don't live there now, and
for the likes of me, I can't remember nor do I know what the new name of the
amusement park is!)
This has also happened in other situations and sometimes people just say 'to
heck with it, I don't want to be bothered, and then the 'stealer' ends up
winning by using a name!
Sad, it is...IMHO

Larry White

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk