Bass Clef parts

Dear Listees,

Following a question I have been asked I would like to open up a topic
for discussion.

I would like to know how brass band members/players would feel about
additional bass clef parts being included (along with treble clef parts)
in Brass Band sets. In my, and my colleagues, opinion the addition of
such parts for Baritone, Euph, Troms and Tubas would help greatly in
promoting the movement in North America and Asia where thousands of
Concert Bands exist and these players cannot or, perhaps will not, read
treble clef parts. This could then, perhaps, be opened up for French
Horn parts to be included for the American college Brass Ensembles.

My question is whether you think this would help outside of the U.K or
whether, in the U.K etc., it would prevent bands from playing this
music. My suggestion would be that the score remain in brass band
instrumentation and that the compositions/arrangements be done rigidly
for the brass band.Just that "World Parts" are added to the set in a
reverse procedure to the concert band where almost all sets come with
treble clef parts.

I am not suggesting that we should change the instrumentation of a brass
band for one second, just that, perhaps, we should consider 'helping'
those from a symphonic background enter and enjoy the medium.

I would welcome anybody's thoughts.

Robin Norman.

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk