Re: Bass Clef parts

I'd strongly support the idea of having bass clef parts available, as this is
how I entered the movement.

When our band was founded ten years ago, only a few of the large instrument
players read treble clef.  For the first year, the director had bass clef
transcriptions available and we played from them.  After we were solidly
"hooked" on brass band, he said "its time to grow up" and passed out a treble
clef fingering chart along with treble clef music.  At first the pieces were
fairly easy, but after a year or so, we all became familiar with treble clef.

We still get some music that's in bass clef, though, and pass a "Clef Alert!"
through the section to avoid harmony that is a bit too modern.

Mike Wier
BBb Bass
Ohio Valley British Brass Band
U. S. A.

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk