Re: Bass Clef parts

Bring it on!
I don't understand why publishers don't stick BC parts on the reverse (or
even seperately) for exactly the instruments you are speaking of -
Troms/Euphs etc and definitely F Horn parts.
With the great array of compositions and arrangements available for BB -
which for me are loads more interesting than some of the CB and Brass
Ensemble stuff - why don't BB publishers recognise the market they are
dismissing? Let's face it, the cost factor for a dozen or more individual
parts is negligible. I have colleagues here who have been doing it
themselves (copying parts that is - Sibelius, Finale etc) for years, just so
they can access some more attractive repertoire with their school ensembles
and encourage kids into the program.
No one is suggesting amending the instrumentation - different clefs don't
make it sound any different, it just means more can get involved. Isn't that
what we want?
Greg Aitken

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk