Re: Bass Clef parts

Robin

I admire your motives but would be concerned about the implications for the
cost of the music, and from a green perspective, the waste of paper!

When I buy music for Concert Band - which has a wide range of extra parts in
all keys and clefs - I find myself paying double the amount in return for a
stack of music which I won't ever use.  If with every BB set you provide
optional F horn parts and everything from baritone down in bass clef it
would only leave the cornet and flugel parts not doubled, and a standard
band set would contain 40+ parts!  It would also add to the cost of postage
which I know is a big issue for bands and music dealers in Australia and NZ.

With current technology would it not make more sense to make these parts
available online so that if, say, a band in the USA wanted horn parts in F,
they could be simply downloaded?

Cheers

David

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk