Re: Bass Clef parts

It certainly would open things up.

As a low brass player in a brass band I have only had the need to read
treble clef. I have always been envious of players who read both clefs. I
have occasionally deputised on Euphonium in a wind band and for a small
brass ensemble and have had to ask for treble clef parts.

If brass band players had the option of regularly reading bass clef in their
brass band, they would then become fluent readers of the clef enabling them
to play with orchestral based ensembles and wind bands without worrying
about the barrier of only reading treble clef.

As it is now, with bass clef, it is a case of if you don't use it you lose
it.

Some might say I lost it years ago, but that is another story

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk