Re: Re: Bass Clef parts

Seems a logical proposal alright.
The main benefit of the rather strange system of writing brass band music in
the trble clef is that learners on all the valved instruments can switch as
needed between various pitches until they find one most suited to them. As
an instructor for our own (young) band, I can categorically say that the
amount of grief saved by this bright idea is collossal.

So in response to the point of open-ness, I can say yep, sure it's a good
thing to have additional bass-clef parts for brass bands, for all the
reasons mentioned. However, the system present at the moment works, and
works well, and I think it would damage the banding movement to have it
dropped for any reason. I'm not saying bass clef parts aren't a good idea.
I'm saying bass clef parts instead of treble clef parts are a bad idea. Call
me cynical if you will, but I can see situations where an arranger or
composer might drop the treble-clef part due to it being less musically
pure, or other such drivel, or may not include it under pressure from
publishers, seeking to keep expenses down.

I can see benefits, but it's a bag of worms people..

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk