Re: Bass Clef parts

Not to open up old threads, but as an American who has played tenor
parts on FH, it far better to leave them struggling and
transposing----and working hard to find the resources to get the
PROPER horn for the part. The instruments AREN'T interchangeable so
why encourage a poor substitute.

As to the rest, most good trombonists read tenor clef, and many euph
and bari players are trombonists in also. Eb tuba is a very quick
transpose and the other tubas I've had experience with don't seem to
mind.

I might add that it would probably help if bass clef parts were
included in the easy grades of music. It might make it easier to get
the youngsters on this side of the Atlantic hooked on the genre!

PS: This is the second time I've sent this message because it failed
to appear the first time. I've checked the address and it seems to be
a dead-on match for the one in the reply to section. This is the
SECOND message I've sent to the list that's failed to appear. Anyone
else having problems?

Note to Nigel: the other was on a quick way to solve the missing
address problem using a binary search.

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk