RE: Bass Clef parts

(Try # 2.)

This is a problem we also have in Australia (at least Western Australia).
We have hundreds of concert bands in the school system and many community
concert bands.  The students on Euphonium, Trombone and Tuba learn Bass Clef
making it difficult to come across to a Brass Band.

To accommodate some players in the past we have written out bass clef parts
until they are competent enough to read and play the treble clef parts at
first sight.

I had the same issue in reverse when playing Euphonium for the Army Band
with all parts being in bass clef but having the luxury of duplicate treble
clef parts in a lot of instances.  Obviously I learnt Bass Clef fairly
quickly but I am always more comfortable on treble clef.

The availability of bass clef parts for brass bands has been on our agenda
for a long time and no doubt it has already been discussed at length but for
what ever reason (perhaps viability of selling the additional parts or
objections to bass clef parts) the optional bass clef parts are still not
published.

I personally would have no objection to paying an OPTIONAL small amount
extra for the score and parts - including bass clef, knowing that it will
help our brass band movement attract additional players.

Regards,

Rohan Hardie
CCBB
WA

P.S.  As for using French Horns, this wouldn't get my vote.

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk