banding and promotion

Dear list....

I am currently in the middle of doing my final year marketing dissertation
which I have decided to base on brass bands...my topic area is "The
Sustainability of British Brass Bands in the 21st Century".
Im looking to find out how people promote, advertise and market their bands
to both:

	  -Banding people (Current and potentail players and conductors)
	  -the General Public

For this I have to send out a survey fairly soon to British Bands, but
before I do that I'd like to get a couple of ideas and opinions regarding
your promotion, publicity, public relation, advertising and marketing
efforts. (Because I seem to have a bit of a mental block regarding this at
the moment!)
eg.

     -How do you recruit youngsters?
     -How do you engage with your local community?
     -Do you send out newsletters to your local community?
     -How do you encourage people to come to your concerts?
     -Any other innovative ways to encourage people to take notice of your
band?
     -And anything else you think might be interesting

All pointers will be greatfully received: it would be brilliant to get some
different ideas and viewpoints!

Thanks guys,

Kelda

--

wax-recording.com, simply the best, most cost-effective and least stressful
	route to recording an album.

eBay, the world's largest on-line market place, http://www.ebay.co.uk