*BRASS FUN DAY* 11th Jan06, Rugby, Warwickshire

Posted on behalf of Judith, who is having problems posting to the list.
Sounds like Bilton are having a day similar to the recent one by
Old Silkstone 'B' band.

------------------

Bilton Silver Training Band invites young brass players of Rugby and
surrounding areas to hit some "High Notes" with us at our FUN DAY on
Saturday 11th February, 2006.

Bilton's Training Band is taking steps to reach out into the community to
increase awareness and to offer opportunities to local children (and adults)
in playing a brass instrument.

The 'fun day' is open to existing players AND those who would like to give
it a go! Percussionists are also welcome (of course!)

The event will be a day of workshops and activities, culminating in a massed
performance at the end of the session with members of the Bilton Silver
Band. The sound will be incredible!

Children will be given the opportunity to be coached by experienced, local
musicians, and the whole ethos of the day will be geared to a practical,
'hands on' approach. We hope to help young brass players build upon
established musical skills and to further develop their learning, promoting
a life-long enjoyment of music - some of our players have been members for
over 50 years!

The fun day will be held at the Indian Club, Edward Street, Rugby, CV21 2EZ
starting at 10.15am and finishing with a GRAND CONCERT from 3.30 to 4pm.
Lunch is provided, and the day is FREE!

Please be assured that this is not an exercise in tempting your young
members away from your bandroom. On the contrary, we see this event as an
opportunity to forge links with our fellow musicians in the surrounding area
and, with this reassurance, we hope that you will feel confident in
encouraging your members to have fun with us.

We would be delighted if you could publicise this event to your youngsters.
Application forms are available to download from our website
www.biltonsilverband.co.uk. You can also email us at
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Look forward to seeing you and yours on the 11th!

Judith

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor,
Typesetter.