Re: Test pieces/sections

 Nigel I expect this one could continue for a little while after the recent
controversy at this year's Area 's.
 To add my limited thoughts on pieces I have played , I would not put
"Salute to Youith" as low as section 2. Alex Mortimer proved that it took a
Good Band directed by a Master to get the an ovation after the second
movement. But you are too young to remember that!  Resugam might be
streching third section band, but it is all playable if you can count the
silences.
 Happy Easter to all
 Maurice Greaves

--