Re: accompaniment or . .?

When writing a piece for brass instrument and piano, such as the Perpetuum
Mobile for soprano cornet and piano, I always try to give both parts equal
treatment and refrain from calling it a solo with accompaniment. Having
said that our catalogue details them that way - I'll have to sort that out!

I've had negative feedback for my bass trombone concerto because there
are passages were the soloist isn't playing and the band has work to do.
Needless to say I don't pay too much attention to such feedback, as is
shown by the importance of the band part in the 'Fantasia for Organ and Brass
Band'.

-Nigel
--
-