Re: Prom 19th Aug "Babi Yar"

John Gray wrote:
Nigel Horne" <njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Thanks for this,
Nigel – what to do about bands on radio.  Consider the
fine band, Grimethorpe as in yours, on Friday last
LTTB even for half an hour about eight trivial pieces
(including a quick march at almost slow march speed),
WHY cannot radio 3 0r 2 do better than this on a
regular basis?
It's a good question, which also came up at the after-lunch
forum, though in this case in the context of concert programming
rather than the radio. If that meeting was anything to go by,
the banding movement is split in two camps on this, and the
two camps don't share much common ground. I am of the
"let's please all of the people some of the time" opinion, but
I seemed to be in a small minority because I had a foot in both
camps.

Perhaps you should contact the NABBC to find out when the
next meeting is that's close to you and ask! The next meeting
near where you live, Eric, is in a couple of weeks time in Leicester
and will include a session to "Ask the Adjudicators" - why not
ask them what constitutes a good programme for broadcast,
for concerts, or for a so-called entertainment contest.

-Nigel
begin:vcard
fn:Nigel Horne
n:Horne;Nigel