Re: Nationals..........

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.971020111534.15480C-100000@cua>, ANGELA
TREGASKES <angela@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>> What confusion Ange......? I just wanted to know whether it was an 'Isiah'
>> (which it seems to be) or a BL?
>
>Sorry Monkey we seem to be on different wavelengths at the moment.  I
>thought the rumour you had heard was about Sat.'s Nationals here in
>London when of course the testpiece (with tunes apparently!) was "On
>Alderley Edge".  You were obviously talking about the Auusie(?)
>Natinonals or at least a different contest ....... Whoops!!

I think you've still got it wrong Angela :)  What I think Monkey was
asking was whether the test piece at the weekend in London (On Alderley
Edge) was a) full of lovely tunes, and therefore an 'Isaiah' as in
'Isaiah 40' (Nationals test 1996) or b) not very pleasant at all, and
therefore a 'BL' as in 'Songs For BL' (Nationals test 1995).

I'm sure Monkey can clear this one up for us.
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.