Re: Wally's Trolley's

At 12:50 29/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Angela
>You might upset some of the Rothwell players, as they are from Leeds not
>Huddersfield! Just thought I'd let you know their whereabouts.

If you look closely you might see that I never actually implied that
Rothwell band were from Huddersfield .............. simply that the source
of my info. re. the alternative name was <light-hearted chastising tone
intended>

Angela

>Katie Bell
>
>P.S. I used to be with them and never heard us called wally's Trolley's!
>
>As I said earlier Katie ......... maybe it's a Huddersfield "thing"
........ but nevertheless I still thought it funny enough to share it with
the list in the same way that someone else has now enlightened us all with
the nickname "floppy boxes" for the Midlands band Rigid Containers (or GUS
or even Munn & Feltons I believe!) <LOL>

>In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.971028153421.3867A-100000@cua>, ANGELA
>TREGASKES <angela@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Thought I would share a local "name" (in the Huddersfield area at least!)
>>for the band better known to most of us as WALLACE ARNOLD ROTHWELL or
>>simply ROTHWELL these days, which I found to be absolutely hilarious when
>>I heard it.  Hope you all agree.  The name I refer to is:
>>
>>Wally's Trolley's
>>
>>For those foreigners on the List, perhaps I better explain the
>>relevance.  The former sponsor of Rothwell Band was a coach company
>>called Wallace Arnold and many years ago the local bus service was
>>actually more like a tram which run on rails rather than a road vehicle
>>.... or trolleybus as it was more commonly known.
>>
>>Hope this tale has brightened up your day.  Makes a change from all the
>>arguments being aired in public over recent days, if nothing else.
>>
>>Keep tune in y'all.
>>
>>Angela Tregaskes
>>

>>--
>
>--