Re: Cambridge - 'right bands in the wrong order ?'

In message <01bd87c2$48ec68e0$0100007f@localhost>, kraken
<kraken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Contests finally became a joke today. Arguably any of the top six could
>>have won, but in practice to win a contest you need to be lucky with ALL
>>three judges.
>
>Got to disagree there - luck has nothing to do with it you have to PLEASE
>all 3 judges - what's the point having 3 if you only want to take 2 into
>account?

Actually, luck now DOES play an important role in the new system.  The
tie break judge is decided by a random draw.  Eric Crees was selected,
and as a result, we tied for 8th with Ever Ready, they got 8th and we
got 9th...had Geoffrey Brand been selected instead, these two results
would have been the other way round.  Regardless of all the advantages
of this new system, it is now true that there is a totally random
element to the brass band contest.

--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm